Saturday, January 12, 2008

I havent been blogging, and thought of quitting blogging altogether. However I realise that I can really think better after I draft my thoughts out,and today, I don't really write in my diary anymore. Everything's here , Online. So temporary.
Probably switching to LiveJournal very soon.


Today I took my Practical Driving Test. Well, terrible results I must say. Especially for driving on the roads. Was overly nervous. Gosh. Apparently my Circuit is usually weaker than my driving, but today it's the other wat round. I guess it's cos I took for granted my driving. And I got Ubi Road 4, apparently one of the shortest test routes possible. Never mind, one more time! 26 march here I come!


Attended NUS Alumni TM meeting at SMU this evening. Irni, Soo Kuang and Mathia from NUSTM spoke, and I must say all 3 of them did a fabulous job in their project speeches. Got to hear other speakers from NUSATM, and true enough, their club culture is indeed really different from ours. It's really great to heaR from so many adult speakers, and especially P10 speakers and even an Advanced Project Speech. Some were really inspiring and interesting, and indeed is what I would want to work towards in being a motivational and inspirational speaker. P10's objective is to inspire your audience. I reallly wonder if I would really be able to inspire my audience when I reach that Project level. Btw, Im only at Project 4 - How to Say It. still thinking of a topic ! Gosh! Thinking of a topic is always that hard for me; Well I admit that it is because I am not well-read!
I like LipWei from NUSATM's impromptu project speech. He was talking abt Branding, and about P&G's brands. I like the way he brings across his points so clearly and crisply.

Good speakers in Toastmasters Club have always been an inspiration to me, and sometimes I really wonder if I am able to become like them eventually..


I'm leaving for OBS tomorrow, for 2 days. Apparently it's a subsidised course, and it's free! So the Singaporean in me snatched that chance straight away!



Opportunities have been coming my way these days. For some time I have been grabbing and grabbing them. Recently I have slowed down. When the chances came again, I grabbed and grabbed again, and before I knew it, I was bogged down by a tad too many commitments, to the extent of being overwhelmed. Now I'm slowing down. Malcolm said something to me which i really like. "Too many opportunities spoil your chances!"
So True huh!


Well, its been about 2 weeks into 2008! I have to admit that in this new year, I have yet to find my direction. I have to admit that, I have been living these 12 days in a daze..


Oh and have I told you, I would be joining nEbO Club as a student leader in its entrepreneurship community, together with JK and David. Interesting opportunities to look forward to to help me grow, and a positive and supportive environment to anticipate..


But I know one thing I ought to remind myself is to work smart for my modules, and to manage my commitments really well, if not I'm just going to die la.. FOC, NUSTM, Bizad Club, and now Nebo..


Anyway God Bless you for the year ahead!


I'll be officially adding this to my New Year Wish!
1) Pass my driving on 2nd attempt!

Ciaoz.. that's it for now!

embedded in between at 12:52 AM