Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Finally, I am having a two-day break! After slogging for the whole of last week.
I bought a beautiful inspirational poster yesterday!
The quote goes "Destiny is not a Matter of Chance, it is a Matter of Choice. It is not a thing to be Waited For, it is a thing to be Achieved."
I love this quote very much. And I love the lovely background of a bridge during sunrise. It symbolises new life, and a new beginning, asking you to forge your destiny anew.
Was contemplating between another poster of a baby, which says "Im sorry." and some related quote. That was a really nice poster too, because I realised that most of the time, because of ego issues, I never tried to put myself down and admit my mistakes.
However, I decided that the Destiny quote was more forward-looking.
I need to be more forward-looking!
Went with JooKai the Business Director and Shawn the Marketing Director of Bizad Club to meet Nebo NTUC Club on Monday. It was a sense of deja vu, because I have already met Valerie from Nebo previously for the new Nebo cafe at Downtown East, of which we lost in one of the rounds.
JooKai is a person of great ambition, I have to say. He has alot of plans in his mind. He wants to achieve a lot in his third year at NUS Business School. I predict that its because he's probably been too slack in Year1 and Year2, and now, he's seen the light! And has lot of ideas!
Just FYI, I am one of his Project Directors under his committee. When we met NTUC Club, I was really at a loss, cos Valerie was talking to 3 of us about Bizad Club as a whole, and I only knew about my project! Felt really clueless and blur there. Bad impression I would say.
Maybe my position there wasnt exactly appropriate; he should have gotten the Vice Director to come down instead la. But no worries, at least I can see things from the bigger picture now.
JK told me something which I felt was quite true, or rather was something I had been thinking about for a long while, just that my direction in thinking was slightly wrong. In other words, I was doing it the wrong way.
He said his purpose for joining Bizad Club is to meet and work with different kinds of people in Business, and learn the management of people. One more thing is, also to discover who are people he could work with, and open up his prospects in probably getting partners in future should he want to open a store etc. Well, something along what I have been thinking about. In fact,
I was only thinking about networking, and knowing people. And I joined Bizad Club to know Business people. THATS ALL!
then suddenly when I heard what he said, I felt like " Hey, that's qutie what you should do! Or rather that should be your direction instead! Meet people so??? what can they do to help you? " And because of my 'flawed direction', I really did go around meeting people! But no, I din work with them! So in actual fact, all those meeting of people went down the drain, cos I was not doing anything productive from there onwards...
Come to think of it, if I join some other CCAs outside, Ill be working with other people who are not from Business. I mean its good in that you can learn from people of different expertise and experiences. But my target people should be people from Business! After all, they are the ones who would be my potential business partners! (ok, higher probablity)
YanLing will work from there!
As for now, I think I will sign up for Bizad FOC 08's programme director!
One thing is , most people in the comm would be from my class =x
Sadly enough, but I dont find many people in my class to be people of my league. Sometimes I feel that they are just another bunch of direction-less university students (as what Faiz said, most uni students seriously dont know what they want )
I know what I want.
I want to get a degree, then at this point of time, if possible, I would want to win the Nebo Cafe, so that I would have an experience at doing real business! (at subsidised cost!)
Next, I would want to go work in some big HR/ creative company/tourism company (eg. STB) / hotel for maybe 2-3 years to gain experience. Then if possible, I would want to open my own F&B cafe or HR company ( but I foresee this might not be as possible in this near future).
That's my aim ; thats my dream!
And I would work towards fulfilling it!
YanLing.
embedded in between at
3:05 PM