Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Today is a good day!


As usual, I like my MNO tutorial. We talked about the 'Forgotten Group Member', which is one of the topics we have every week. And we had role-playing of Christine the group leader, Janet the supposed free-rider of the group, and other members of the group!
I was Christine! And I remember Kian was the only other active Janet in the tutorial. Its really qt funny when he acts pathetic, and everyone in the tutorial determines that Janet is at fault in the whole scenario.

I think I like Management. It's one of the easiest, crappiest modules, yet one of the most interesting ones too! Partly because it's about managing humans, and things which are related to people and involve interpersonal skills are interesting, even though it's complicating at the same time.


Went for Toastmasters today, when I can be considered as a member already, after so long. fyi, we've been skipping sessions due to recess week and BizInc Internal Case competition. Well , NUSTM session was really interesting today! Xinyan and I had a taste of trying out Table Topics a.k.a impromptu speech. My topic was "If I could be a superhero, what would it be?". Oh gosh, at that instance I was totally stunned. Thus, I think I just babbled any cartoon character superhero. i talked about Spiderwoman, after all that's the only other 'superhero' I could think of at that point of time, cos our initial idea for my MNO video project was on Spiderman.

then after that, as usual there were the prepared speeches and evaluation speeches. And Word of the evening was : PERFECT. Great! Oh , and there's apparently this post called the Ah Counter, whereby the officer counts the number of Ahs, Ees and Others in the individual speeches that speakers make. I had a total of 12 =X And I didnt win the best Table Topic speaker of the evening. Well, that means I have lots of room for improvement! There's also another post called the Language Evaluator. He's also the same person who set the Word of the Evening. After the end of the speeches, he went on to evaluate on the language we've used throughout the entire sessions. ANd oh my, there were funny language errors littered everywhere in the session! Someone said paiseh! (And the Language Evaluator still went to search for the next nearest English word which is paisley! LOL!) Someone said 'What the Hell'!. Someone said 'Where my mother come from?' and another said "make me do this and that' And there were other funny pronunciation errors!

Today's session was interesting! The people there's really nice too! there's Wekie the mentor, who's really encouraging. And of course there's Gary the Club President, who's always really friendly n makes us feel welcome! Gary, Im impressed!

I like Toastmasters. Im going to concentrate on getting my confident self back , starting from here.


Anyway the new change is going well. very well! And people's commenting that I look better with short hair than long hair! I like my new look now! =) Really gives me more confidence!
Getting back my confidence and direction now.
this change is really going somewhere!
Jiayou Jiayou!

embedded in between at 12:23 AM