Wednesday, October 03, 2007

No School today! yay !


Just finished watching the My Humps MTV by Black-eyed Peas and Alanis Morissette. Yea, we watched that in my race lecture this Monday. It's really interesting you know. I like my Race and Ethnic Relations lectures , especially when we analyse videos like these, and we once analysed Singapore's version of One People, One Nation, One Singapore. A pity this is a level 3 module, whereby the term paper is VERY HARD! (cos it's for year3 or year4 students! I bet you must be wondering why I am doing in this course. Well, just pure bad luck cos I bidded for the wrong module.. well)


Back to the My Humps MTV. If you havent watched it, here's the link.
Black-eyed Peas:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXKxs8Ge_9g&mode=related&search=

Alanis Morissette:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g&mode=related&search=




Let me share with you what Ive learnt this Monday regarding Gender and Race. We were learning about the role of the coloured woman in racial issues.
In the BEP version,
the BEP is actually making use of the White Male's fantasies on them back.
Like a normal white woman, Fergie is taking control of her sexuality, exploiting it for her own female gain. And the Black males in the MTV signify White Men gone wrong, fantasizing over the black female buttocks. the BEP were making use of the White Male's fantasies back on them. After all the White Males are the ones buying the music. Aha. And Yes, pple start to question fergie's race in this MTV. Cos of all that 'humping'. But we all know Fergies white la!

On the other hand , in the Alanis version. the white men still love Alanis. Cos she saves them all by her version of My humps, where she pushes away all the white men, who are represented as failures. thus the white man is saved, cos they are not failures. In other words, the white woman will only push away the white man if they are failures. So, in this sense, the white man is saved.


i think its still kinda ambiguous here. If u want to know more, ask me! it's really interesting!


Just took a break from my OM tutorial! So hard, so mathematical! I feel like Im doing a JC maths tutorial!
today's driving was fine, just SLOW AND JERKY! VERY JERKY! cos i let og of the clutch too fast. But I think I improved!


=) this weeks been going well for me! =)
Dad and Aunt's bday next week! will be busy on their bdays lor! Need to get sth for my Aunt! Or rather I want to get it! =)


Ciaox. Im back to OM! =)

embedded in between at 5:31 PM