Sunday, March 05, 2006

Exhausted. Mind-boggled. The thing is, I havent been thinking much.


Had a so-called maths test today. Mr Wong ended up teaching me the stuff, cos I didnt know how to do too many questions. A level maths seems intimidating, but I know I must not be afraid of it. I really must thank Mr Wong; he helped me to identify my problem.


He says my studying method is called the exhaustion method. The scenario he used was that I would keep forcing myself to do the questions, thinking that the more I do, the more familiar I will get with the questions, then I will know. I think it's totally true. Cos so far, when I attempt the test questions, I realised I have learnt about such stuff before, it's just that I still dun know how to do the questions at that instant.


He pointed out that for example the time that I take to do 5 questions and really think about what I have learnt from doing would be better than me taking time to do 10 questions. I think its so true. Ive given it serious thought. Perhaps it really is time that I wake up. I realy should start thinking.


I guess I keep having the perception that if I cant do quality work, I ll catch up with quantity. Mr Wong told me that quantity can never beat quality. Now I fully agree ; Ive seen history repeat itself for too many a time. Im tired. Im tired with the progress Im making. Mr Wong said that every1 is waking up; but he;s afraid there might not be enough time for them, but I guess if they dun make progress as slow as I do, they would be able to catch up.


Now he told me, do , stop, check, think. Dun keep doing and not thinking. Chances are, you see the question again ; you know you've seen and done it before, but the worse thing is, you dun know how to do it. The most tragic thing. Starting from now, the most important thing is quality sleep first, so I have the brain power to actually think. No more excuses for replacing the thinking with doing. It is time already.

embedded in between at 10:38 AM