Friday, February 10, 2006
Ok. Finally, the OAC Duathlon Challenge has finally successfully ended!
Though I cant realy gauge its success too soon yet, cos there's still all the money matters to settle, the heap of losses we might suffer, cos the stupid school refuses to subsidise us, even though they are 'REALLY' happy to know of the our initiation of this event. Heck them. HAd to go beg with some auntie for 150 bucks of electricity. costly sia. my fault. I was too nice la.
Ive always felt that I ve been pushing way too much jobs to Yinwei after I was 'seh' witht he entire project. It was definitely a good end, cos in the course of this duathlon, so much so much has happened. . our internal conflicts, our teammates leaving, the tiffs, the times of frustration.. so much.. yet today.. somehow I didnt feel any sense of relief after the event was over.. in fact I just kinda felt that the race was quite lame!!haha =)
We had quite a few screw-ups. Very unexpected. We all thought the transition point would be the most problematic, but I guess it was not the case.. Instead it was the turning points.. and 1 main thing was because we forgot to brief the marshals thoroughly.
I dunno how and what to comment about the event, as an i/c. I admit that I have realy slacked during the preparations, when it was purely because of the fact that I was just feeling restless witht he whole thing.. and I actually let my partner do the work.. Very guilty..But maybe after today, I once again realised the whole fact about team work.. and Im starting to love and appreciate the way OAC works.. cos no one can work together better than us! And I must admit that it is really the shit which brought all of us together so closely and so bonded, that we can actually successfully do and organise things without any glitches.. So 3 cheers to OAC 05/06!Really love them to bits.. and now Im really worried that Liesel wants to go overseas somewhere next year.. then we wont get to see her! the rest will still be in spore so im not too worried! think we really must treasure the times left in OAC, cos in like 4 mths time, then we will not be doing OAC stuff together anymore, and obviously spending lesser time with one another..
really learnt to make a lot of independent decisions for this event. For example our decision of the venue of the race, The sponsors, the decision of Alex, the generator problem!, the budget deficits, the task of geting Mary of TYR, the manning of booths, the awakening that the i/cs are doing everything etc. Probably I have learnt alot through this incident, to work with people, to negotiate etc. I think I still love working with people.. and probably cos OAC gave me a good experience.
Today only had lectures. Something very funny. Caught zhizhong slping in lecture. Then I msg him and he literally jumped up! damn funny. then he looked towards my seatand laughed at me..HAHAHA! I win.. who ask him to slp in lectures! bleagh~
Ok la. hope next weeks a new start! friendship day! ooh~ maybe i should buy some flowers ..and goodies.hmm...
Till next time then..
embedded in between at
11:42 PM