Monday, July 11, 2005

Yesterday marked the official start of instructorship for temasek junior college outdoor activities club o5/06 batch instructors. of course, it also marked the end of instructorship for the 04/05 batch. Now, OAC officially belongs to my batch.





Have absolutely no idea how OAC will turn out 1 year down the route. Thinking of yesterday really makes me feel like crying. Somehow, I did expect handover to be tough, that is the activities we had to do before the seniors would hand over. The hundreds of pushups spelling the sentence ( T-E-M-A-S-E-K J-U-N-I-O-R C-O-L-L-E-G-E O-U-T-D-O-O-R A-C-T-I-V-T-I-E-S C-L-U-B Z-E-R-O F-O-U-R Z-E-R-O F-I-V-E B-A-T-C-H I-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-O-R-S O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L-L-Y H-A-N-D-O-V-E-R T-O Z-E-R-O F-I-V-E B-A-T-C-H T-R-A-I-N-E-E I-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-O-R-S) on the tracks, reciting of the OAC pledge and the sentence stating all of 04/05 batch handing over to our batch in push-up position on the tracks was more or less anticipated. I knew they were not going to make handover easy. Of course there were the fun-filled conveyor belt which literally had everyone in stitches, and of course sand in our mouths as we rolled about in the long-jump pit). Not to forget the tedious runs on the tracks and the campcraft session. Finally, the handover ceremony was here.





The land department was the first to be certified with the handing over of the OUTDOORERS shirt. Shock upon shock, I was in the land department. Literally my heart sank when i was called upon to receive the shirt from Ming Wei. It never did occur to me that I was and would be in the land department. After the photo, somehow i just couldnt smile. It was beyond my anticipation. Few hours after the end of the whole session, while on the bus, it just kept coursing through my mind that I was in the land department as a land assistant. At night, the whole idea just kept filling my mind. I have no idea why, but somehow as I am typing this post, my eyes are welled up with tears. I know it is not too bad a thing to be in the land department but I just do not know why I am feeling such strong emotions. Pehaps I love OAC too much, or I would never ever feel such strong feelings.





I guess what i can do now is to try to give my best to the land department and accept what is given. I dont hate the land department nor the seniors. Perhaps time will heal the wounds and I would forget about this situation and spare myself from the agony by not analysing my feelings. I just hope time would pass and OAC 05/06 would continue being a TEAM, much as we toil in our different divisions. Sincerely I do hope that posts are just by name. I just hope time would pass quickly.
Never despair;but if you do,work on in despair.

embedded in between at 3:43 AM